Friday, August 05, 2011

DCM Birth Month Flowers

This week it's the first challenge of the month at Daring Cardmakers, so that means we'd like you to use the flowers associated with the month of August as the starting point for your cards. August's flowers are:

Poppies and Gladioli

You can use either flower, or both of them as the inspiration for your cards and as usual the team have got some ideas to show you which we hope will get you thinking.

Here is my card:


I looked everywhere for something Poppy related in my stash and opted for these little poppy flowers (well I'm not sure if they are poppies but they could be!) from Darkroom Door.

I added some ivory crochet lace behind the flowers and finished with this gorgeous pink pure silk ribbon bow (lush!).

Supplies used:
Cardstock - Bazzill, EP For the Record
Stamps - Darkroom Door Stamps
Ribbon - Ivory Crochet Lace, 32mm Pink Silk Ribbon, Ivory Button Twine from the ribbon reel
Other - Paper Doily and pink button from stash


TFL!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

They look like poppies to me too! I love the subtle white stamping, it is just perfect with the soft colours you've used for all the bits and bobs

Lythan said...

the colours of this card are wonderful and that ribbon you have used is just divine. Don't think I could tie it into such a perfect bow though!

Pauline said...

This is so pretty Keilly, I love the stamped kraft panel, and the lovely poppies.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous card - I just love the delicate colours, and it's a fab idea to do something different than a red colour scheme for a poppy card.

Natty said...

Lovely to see those Darkroom Door stamps in use - they make lovely poppies and are so effective in white on kraft. Love the card Keilly, it's super lush! :)