Friday, April 27, 2012

DCM Sportsman

It's Kathy's turn to set the dare over at Daring Cardmakers and this week she wants us to make a masculine card with the theme...

Sportsman

....it can be for any age of "boy" you like - from baby boy to Grandads, just make sure it also has some sort of sport featured too - footie, rugby, fishing, weightlifting, golf, athletics....the whole sporting arena is yours to choose from.

Here is my card...


I was stumped for a little while but then found this sweet digi image from A Day for Daisies called 'Just Fishing' and thought it was perfect for this challenge.  Plus its a suitable birthday card to give to one of my boys so it will go into my card box.  



I coloured the image with Promarkers before inking the edges with a little antique linen Distress Ink.  I glued down a piece of ivory button twine as the fishing rod (love this!) and stamped the sentiment from PTI set.  The papers are from MME and I distressed the teal coloured paper using my scissors.  

Supplies used:
Cardstock - MME from The Ribbon Reel
Image - Just Fishing from A Day for Daisies
Sentiment - Happy Birthday from PTI Set
Ribbon - Ivory Button Twine from The Ribbon Reel
Other - Promarkers and Nestie

TFL!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous, Keilly - lovely soft colours and such a sweet image

Pauline said...

So adorable! What a lovely image! I love these ADFD images myself, I feel a purchase coming on!