Friday, April 06, 2012

DCM April Colour Combo

It's the first Friday of the month, and that means a new colour combo challenge at Daring Cardmakers. It's Leo's turn set the colours and we have this beautiful summery photo for inspiration....

Sorbet Colours
With the spring here and summer just around the corner we're being bombarded with summer fashions and I've noticed in particular lots of pretty sorbet colours so inspired by this I've found out a pretty sorbet colour palette for us:

Here's my card.....

I used my new WMS butterfly stamp and coloured with Promarkers, I'm not that happy with how it turned out but will definitely be making more of these so will get more practice! I stamped a general birthday sentiment and tied onnsome orange and yellow bakers twine from The Ribbon Reel.

Challenges:
Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #91
Flutter By Wednesday's #197
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #127 CAS

Supplies used:
Stamps - Butterfly from Nordic Spring and sentiment from Fancy Phrases, both from WMS
Twine - Orange Divine Bakers Twine and Yellow Divine Bakers Twine from The Ribbon Reel
Other - Promarkers


TFL!

7 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Simple yet so effective! Great card! Thank you for joining us with the Waltzingmouse Sketch this week :)

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful CAS b'day card - your butterfly looks beautiful in these colors! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Carola said...

Keilly, this is a very pretty one layer card. The butterfly looks really great in these colours. And the more often I see this butterfly, the more I think I also "must" have this set...

Kind regards
Carola

Kim Duran said...

Such a simple card, but with a big impact from the beautiful colors of the butterfly. And the twine is just the perfect detail! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Kelly S. said...

Oh I LOVE those colors with the butterfly! The twine makes it extra cheery. A beautiful CAS card!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, I'm going to have to case this! Xx

Super Jen said...

Such a great images does all the work, doesn't it. Well done!