Friday, March 30, 2012

DCM 'Material Girl'

This week it's my turn to set the dare over at Daring Cardmakers and I have chosen

"Material Girl"


Use fabric on your creations - not just a bit of ribbon or lace though - that would be too easy! You can add those too, of course, but we'd really like you to be a little more adventurous and try using some fabric as a background, or to make embellishments from. We're really looking forward to seeing what you come up with, so good luck and happy crafting.

Here is my card...

This sentiment seemed appropriate as we sadly lost my nan a week ago. Unfortunately it wasn't expected so has come as a huge shock to our family and especially my mum. She will always be in our thoughts and our hearts.

I just love MME papers and adore the little bunting and butterfly. The seemed to fit perfectly with this card. With everything going on at home, I slightly failed my own challenge, only using fabric roses and a little lace. I am so pleased with how it turned out though.

Thanks for stopping by and hopefully normal crafting/blogging will resume soon.

LOL
Keilly x

Supplies:
Cardstock - MME Follow Your Heart Be Amazing from The Ribbon Reel
Chipboard - MME Follow Your Heart Be Amazing from The Ribbon Reel
Sentiment - Pink Petticoat
Ribbon - Aqua Blue Bakers Twine and Ivory Lace & Pearls from The Ribbon Reel, Tim Holtz Fabric Rose trim from stash

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fab detail Keilly what a lovely card I love it , the colours are beautiful.
Hugs Elaine

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, love the rose trim