Friday, March 02, 2012

DCM March Colour Combo

This week is the third of our 'Colour Combo of the Month Challenges' at Daring Cardmakers and it's Kathy's turn to choose the colours...

Caramel, Pale Lemon, Duck-egg Blue
and a touch of Gold


Here is my card...


This was such a gorgeous colour combo, although I struggled to find the right shades to match exactly. I used various MME papers to create the layers, the sentiment is from WMS' Roses in Bloom set stamped in gathered twigs Distress Ink. The beautiful bloom is made with the Spellbinders Blossom One die, I gently curled the edge of the petals to help shape it. I hand cut the brown leaves and tucked behind the rose. I added a little scallop lace and button twine to finish the card.


I made this card with my mum in mind for Mothers Day, although didn't really think through sending such a bulky card overseas - hopefully it won't get too squashed!!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's cards.

Challenges:
Card Patterns #154

Supplies used:
[to follow]


TFL!

5 comments:

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Keilly, these colours are gorgeous! I love the rolled rose! Those papers I got from you this week will fit this challenge perfectly, they are delish!

Rika said...

Stunning card, love the paper flower!

Lythan said...

that rolled rose and the leaves are the perfect embellishment for this card - gorgeous!

Clare said...

Beautiful card Keilly! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous card Keilly - that flower is just beautiful! Sx