Saturday, December 03, 2011

Delicious Chocolate Fudge!

I have wanted to make fudge since last year and decided at long last to have a go. I opted for chocolate fudge, not a favourite of mine, but I knew the boys would eat it.

The reason its taken me so long to make any, is I was always put off with the whole testing the temperature with a thermometer, but this was such an easy recipe to follow, and no need for thermometers and testing!

I couldn't find the right size cake tins so improvised with the ceramic dishes instead. It didn't take very long to set (probably due to the colder weather we are now getting), although I did pop into the fridge which seemed to set it.

Once it had sat for a couple of hours, I was able to cut into squares. Naturally, we all munched on the off cuts! The rest of the fudge is now stored in kilner jars, although I doubt it will last very long!

Might attempt vanilla fudge next week (my favourite!).

TFL!

3 comments:

Fiona said...

This looks scrumptious Keilly. Any chance of the recipe?

purple_pea_fran said...

Yum! That looks soo good ;) Fran x

Pauline said...

How yummy!