Monday, July 25, 2011

TRR Challenge #7 'Chantilly Lace' Colour Challenge

It was the lovely Debbie's turn to set this fortnight's challenge over at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog and what an absolutely wonderful challenge it is.

Debbie has chosen this stunning inspiration photo...


...and has asked us to create a card or project inspired by the photo using
WHITE OR CREAM, AQUA, PINK and a FLOWER with RIBBON and/or LACE!

Here is my card...


I'd meaning to create some ribbon roses for a few weeks and decided that this card would look perfect with one.

I used a length of pink silky crush wired ribbon to create my rose and hot glued a pink pearl brad at the centre. Our design teamie, Clare Buswell, recently shared a tutorial to create a ribbon rose on her blog.


I couldn't wait to use my new Backroom Door stamps and opted for the Wildflower set, inked in PTI Fresh Snow on to kraft cardstock.

I had so much fun with this challenge and if time permits, I will definitely be making another one or two projects.

Supplies used:
Cardstock - MME and Kraft
Ribbon - 16mm Natural Crochet lace, 10mm blue velvet ribbon from the ribbon reel
Flower - Pink Silky Crush wired ribbon from the ribbon reel
Stamps - Darkroom Door 'wildflower vol 1 ' stamp set from the ribbon reel (coming soon)
Other - Pink Pearl brad from stash, green leaf trinket pins from the ribbon reel


TFL!

3 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Such a soft and pretty card - I really like the image and verse - and that wonderful rose is fab!

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow, This card is a nice, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, love the label shape and the wildflower stamps, the Rossetti is gorgeous too.