Saturday, June 25, 2011

Something Old, New, Borrowed & Blue

I'm a little late posting this weeks Daring Cardmakers dare, as my laptop stopped working mid week and it looks like a problem with the hard drive. Luckily I have someone looking at it for me. Better still, I've been allowed to take and use my new company laptop even though I don't start until September - how fab is that!

Anyway, the dare set this week by Lythan is to interpret the wedding rhyme,

"Something old,
something new,
something borrowed
and something blue"

So use some old and new stash and if you can include the borrowed and blue as well that would be awesome. And do tell us what is what.

Here is my card:


Well I thought this would be an easy challenge but how wrong was I? I only managed 3 out 4 of the elements and it took me ages to actually put the card together!


My 'Old' was the small little pink and blue paper roses. I've had these in my stash for the last 4 or 5 years! I tend to use the larger flowers first and these tiny ones are always left over! My 'Blue' is the large Gardenia Blossom flower (I love these at the moment, have you noticed?)


My 'New' was a few things, the pink velvet ric rac, the Tim Holtz pins and my new papers.

I didn't manage something 'Borrowed' though, I spent hours thinking of what I could 'borrow' from someone or something but came up blank!

Supplies used:
Cardstock - White cardstock, EP Springtime, Kraft
Flowers - Cornflower Gardenia Blossom and White Tea Roses from here, small pink and blue roses from stash
Ribbons - White crochet lace and pink velvet ric rac from here
Stamps - Waltzingmouse Say It Loud stamps
Other - Tim Holtz Memo Pins, Nesties, Blue Memento Ink


TFL!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

This is soooo beautiful, Keilly - I love all those lovely pastel shades together.
I think I'm going to have to succumb to those flowers even though I have way too many flowers already!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

WOW...love ALL the elements on this beautiful card.

Leo said...

So beautiful,love it :)

purple_pea_fran said...

Sooo gorgeous and pretty :) Love the colours and of course the flowers. Funny how the cards you thought would be 'easy' end up being far from easy! Fran xx

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Keilly, I do love those paper flowers!

Vanessa said...

Really beautiful. :)

Vanessa

Dolly Mixtures said...

You put the cluster of flowers together so beautifully. A very pretty and feminine card.