Monday, June 27, 2011

The Ribbon Reel Challenge #5 Summer Fruits

Zuzana is this fortnights host at The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog and has asked us to create a card/project using this inspiration photo...


......and use two ribbons/lace or twine, at least one brad and to include a summer fruit element. (You do not need to use the colours in the photo unless you feel inspired to do so).

And here is my card:


Well how could I not opt for strawberries as my summer fruit element, what with Wimbledon event on at the moment. I love this little PTI stamp set.


I wanted to use bright summer colours and wanted to add some sunny yellow, so these little cherry blossoms are a perfect to add a light sunshine!

There is a super prize from The Ribbon Reel for this challenge:-


Don't forget to check out what the other ribbon girls have created as inspiration for you.

Supplies used:
Cardstock - EP For the Record
Ribbons - White Crochet Lace and Red/Ivory Grosgrain stripe from The Ribbon Reel
Stamps - PTI Stamps
Other - PTI Die, MME Lush Brads, Promarkers, Paper Doily


TFL!

3 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

I love this new challenge & your card is precious! can't wait to play along. :) that is, of course, if I don't eat that yummy cupcake first......

Pauline said...

Beautiful, love the cherry blossoms and the sweet berries too, yum!

Deborah Frings said...

When I saw this challenge last week I meant to leave a comment - but I forgot! Sorry!

Your card is just fabulous - love the dotty paper, the pretty doily and the lovely layered ribbons! The strawberries looks yummy too!