Sunday, June 12, 2011

Altered Book

I recently found the Prima Ustream videos and loved the projects that were shown. I particularly like Marion Smith's projects and decided to attempt her Altered Album. The video can be found here.


I so loved making this album although couldn't get all the items listed in the kit. Unfortunately, you cannot buy the made up kits over in the UK (as far as I am aware) so I attempted to get most bits individually! So there are a few items I had to improvise with.

At first I was a little disappointed with the way it turned out but the more I look at it the more I like it! I'm tempted to make another one and know how I would change it.

How gorgeous is this little closure and that beautiful pearl trinkets? There is space to add more jewels or pearls next to the tassle on the book closure.

The pages are made from the Prima Botanical range and cut at different widths to add some interest. I can't wait to start filling this pretty album, although I am still unsure what to use it for, a photo and journalling album, art album or perhaps a book to hold inspirational ideas for future projects.


Supplies:
Prima flowers/lace/trinkets/closure - Scrap Revolution
Cherry Blossom / White roses - The Ribbon Reel


TFL!

2 comments:

purple_pea_fran said...

This looks very fab Keilly! Really like all the little trinkets and pearls and of course the shabby look. Fran x

Zuzana Obert said...

Keilly this is stunning piece and what a fantastic shabby look. I love it.

Zuz. x x