Monday, January 21, 2013

TRR #45 Home Spun

Welcome friends to another fun fortnightly challenge at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!  It's Jeanne's turn to host this week.

Jeanne has chosen this gorgeous photo to inspire us .....


and ask that you create a card / project inspired by the photo plus use BURLAP and RIBBON.

Here is my card....

 
I played around with a few apple images but wasn't happy with the results so opted to stick with the colours from Jeanne's inspiration photo.

I was inspired by the wooden apple basket and the wooden table and found this gorgeous wooden board/plank paper from MME to use as my background.  I added a small strip of this fab 50mm wide brown Burlap ribbon and frayed the edges slightly.  


The little kraft bag was topped with a sentiment from WMS and I used a red crochet flower from my stash (had it for ages and no idea where it came from!), a small prima flower and a sweet red tea rose.  The rose has a few dots of stickles, not sure how well it can be seen in the photo though.  Then I finished with a seam binding bow in brique.  

Don't forget to check out the rest of the design team's creations, you'll definitely feel inspired by them and I hope you can join in.   

Supplies used:
Cardstock - MME Dilly Dally from The Ribbon Reel
Ribbon - 50mm Wired Brown Burlap, Brique Seam Binding from The Ribbon Reel
Flowers - 25mm Red Tea Rose, Prima Delightful Glory from The Ribbon Reel
Stamps - Compact Sentiments from WMS
Other - Red Crochet flower from stash, Plain Kraft Bag from The Ribbon Reel 

TFL!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Keilly! So warm and inviting, I love the beautiful flowers, and the fab texture!

~Tammy~ said...

I so love your sweet little card Keilly! I totally heart all things WMS! The flowers are so blooming pretty! :-)

Svenja said...

I really like the warm feel of your card! I can almost hear the fire crackling and smell the baked apples... mmmmmhh.