Friday, September 28, 2012

DCM Chevrons

It's Nat's turn to set the dare over at Daring Cardmakers this week. Nat wants us to pay special homage to that very popular design element that is doing the rounds.... 

The Chevron 

Here is my card....



Chevrons are everywhere lately and I had lots of papers to choose from but opted for this beautiful paper from MME Love Me collection.  I wanted too use something bright rather than softer colours on this card.  I started off with kraft cardstock as my base and then layered the chevron paper.  I inked both kraft and PP with PI Fresh Snow to give the edges a softer look. 



The butterfly stamp is from Darkroom Doors and I just love it!  I inked with PI Fresh Snow and stamped on to kraft cardstock.  I wasn't up to cutting it out with my kraft knife, as it can get fiddly with those point wings! So cut out with my trusty Fiskars scissors.  As the butterfly looked quite plain, I decided to add a small ivory tea rose to the centre and some small round stick pins as antennas. 


The sentiment is part of the same set at the butterfly from Darkroom Doors.  I inked it in Memento Lady Bug Red ink on to white cardstock.  I wanted to cut it out with one of my nesties but the sentiment was too tall for them so just snipped it out instead.  I added a little chevron stitching to the edges to give interest.  

Quite a quick and simple card but I do love my butterflies and might just keep this card for myself!


Challenges:
Case Study Challenge #110
Flutter By Wednesday #207
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine Challenges #54 - Add a sentiment
Love to Create - #34 Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant - TPE167 - Chevrons  

Supplies:
Cardstock - MME Love Me from The Ribbon Reel
Stamps - Darkroom Door Butterfly and Sentiment Stamps
Flower - Ivory Tea Rose
Other - Nesties, Sewing Machine, PTI Fresh Snow Ink, Memento Lady Bug InkSmall white pins

TFL! 

14 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Keilly! Love the gorgeous butterfly and chevron patterned paper!

Jeanne J said...

Keilly this is just GORGEOUS! The red and white is so striking - so much visual punch. I LOVE THIS!!!

Lynette said...

What a great card - love the flower in the butterfly. Great colors, too. Thanks so much for joining the Flutter By Wednesday challenge this week.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Kelly
A beautiful card love the colour's thankyou for joining us this week at Bearly Mine Challenges
Hugs Dianne xx

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!!
Sheri-TPE DT

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie said...

A really sweet looking card. Lovely. Thanks for joining us in our sentiment challenge at the BMC challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Deanne Clarke-Saunders said...

BEAUTIFUL card! Love the sentiment,too!!! Thanks for participating in LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again!
~DEANNE~

Joey said...

Keilly this is just gorgeous, love the striking colours together and the sentiment is fab! thanks for joining us at Flutterby. Joey xx

~*Joni said...

Oh Keilly this is just so sweet. I think I am going to use this as my new motto for a while! Beautiful design, the papers are a lovely backdrop to this wonderful butterfly. Thank you so much for joining in on our Chevron/Hexagon challenge over at The Pink Elephant this week!
~*Joni TPE DT

tiggertastic said...

adore the style of this make
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

Designing for:

Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

Natty said...

Really beautiful card Keilly - I like the butterfly layering and that paper is still one of my fave chevron patterns. :)

Jean Martin said...

WOWZERS! I couldn't help but go ooooh and aaaaah over this Keilly! It's absolutely wonderful! great take on the CASE! :)

Debby said...

Soft and beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at CASE Study this week.