Friday, September 23, 2011

DCM - Dr Seuss

There is one thing I love about the dares over at the Daring Cardmakers and that is they are always so much fun and a challenge. Well, Friday is at long last here and it's Jo's week to dare us at Daring Cardmakers and she has chosen the theme of Dr. Seuss.

'Jo said: I loved reading Dr. Seuss books when I was little and my children love them now so this week, I would like to see Dr. Seuss inspired cards - whether they feature Green Eggs and Ham, The inhabitants of Whoville, The Cat in the Hat or are inspired by the colours, font or rhyming phrases, it will be brilliant to see what you make!'

Here is my card:

I really struggled with this dare and still don't think I've got it quite right but it was lots of fun to put together.


I sourced the image from the internet and then thought it would be fun to include one of Dr Seuss' sayings for the sentiment. I also wanted to stick to some of the more traditional colours for the Cat in the Hat, and kept to red, blue, white and black.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DCM DT's gorgeous and fun cards!

I also want to enter this into the following challenges:
Ladybugs Crafts Ink Challenge
Paper Creations Challenge #9 Buttons & Bows
Case Study Challenge # 58

Supplies used:
Cardstock - Fancy Pants, Girls Papiere, Blue card
Ribbon - Red Stripe Twill and Red Button Twine from the r
Linkibbon reel
Image - sourced from the internet
Button - Fancy Pants button


TFL!

13 comments:

Molly's Crafty Moments said...

I think you have done a great job with this card well done. Love the sentiment too. Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink. Molly x

Pat said...

I LOVE YOUR CARD!!! The ribbon is to die for and the colors that you used a wonderful. Your papers are the best and love the button/bow. Don't kid yourself you hit this challenge right on the head :0) Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

Paper Creations Ink said...

Beautiful Creation I Love your work and hope to see more of it

Thanks for Joining us atPaper Creations Ink

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

I love this card!! I am a huge Dr. Suess fan!! I love it! I am a new follower now.

pinky said...

Super cute card!! Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Lythan said...

I think this is great. I love the Cat in the Hat stamp and the stripey ribbon

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

What a fun card, love this! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study.

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Brilliant card - I love it. I love the text background idea and that ribbon is fabulous! Sx

Jean Martin said...

Ooh! This is so fun! Love your color choices! Thanks for sharing it with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Hee heee! I love this card! Not only it's super fun, but the colours are so cool, I love the ribbon!

Jo said...

Love this card - brilliant image and the striped ribbon and button finish the card perfectly!

jo x

Angélique said...

Great card! Love the colors you used for it!
Thanks so much for playing this time with Paper Creations Ink. Please join us for the next challenge :)

*hugs*
Angélique - Guest DT